Wolfram|Alpha API Commercial Terms
Attribution of Displayed Results
Licensee agrees to display all results generated by the Wolfram|Alpha API within the Licensed Applications with the following attribution and display requirements:
- Results generated by Wolfram|Alpha shall be directly attributed as "Computed by Wolfram|Alpha" with a URL link to the corresponding result page on http://www.wolframalpha.com.
- Results generated by Wolfram|Alpha shall be displayed in an area of the Licensed Applications, designated only for Wolfram|Alpha results, with a graphic design for that area as agreed with Wolfram ("Display Area").
- The space surrounding the Display Area may contain advertisements or content from other content providers, provided such providers are not competitors with Wolfram. Surrounding ads and content may be at the discretion of Licensee, but Wolfram shall have reasonable rights to reject certain content that may be detrimental to the reputation of its brand (e.g. vulgar, profane or defamatory content).
- Licensee agrees to display content contained in the "Input Interpretation" pod, documented at http://products.wolframalpha.com/api/documentation, on all results generated by the Wolfram|Alpha API within the Licensed Applications.
- If you are experiencing technical difficulty complying with this Attribution requirement, please contact us to explore solutions.
For each Licensed Application, the Licensee shall be identified by a unique Application ID when querying Wolfram|Alpha via the Wolfram|Alpha API. The Licensee is responsible for maintaining the security of the Application ID and responsible for all queries made under the Application ID. The Application ID is required for use under the License and may be used only by the Licensee with the Licensed Applications. The Licensee agrees to provide Wolfram with the Application IDs within seven (7) days of their first use. Each Application ID is created by the Licensee using the Wolfram|Alpha Developer Portal, available at https://developer.wolframalpha.com/portal.
Notice of Exceptional Use
The Licensee agrees to extend reasonable effort to notify Wolfram, as early as possible, of unplanned exceptional use of the Wolfram|Alpha API by the Licensed Applications.
Misuse of the API
No later than 30 days after the beginning of each calendar month, Wolfram will provide Licensee with a report (the "Report") of the total number of successful queries to the API in the prior calendar month.
The Licensee will submit payment (the "Fees Due") associated with the number of API queries sold in the Report month to Wolfram. Payment shall be due within 30 days of the date on the Report.
Integration and Modification
This Agreement is the entire agreement between the parties regarding its subject matter. Any separate licensing or program agreements referenced in this Agreement are governed solely by their own terms and not by the terms of this Agreement. This Agreement replaces all prior agreements, term sheets, communications and representations regarding its subject matter. It can be modified only in a written agreement referencing this Agreement and signed by both parties.
Waiver and Severability
Any delay or failure to exercise a right or remedy will not result in a waiver of that right or remedy. If a court of competent jurisdiction holds any provision of this Agreement to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable under the governing law, the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect, and will be construed so as to most nearly reflect the parties' intent with respect to such provision.
This Agreement does not create an association, partnership, joint venture, trust, agency or other relationship between the parties.
Governing Law and Venue
This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accord with the laws of the State of Illinois, United States. Any action related to this Agreement must be filed in Champaign County, Illinois, United States, and Licensee irrevocably agrees to consent to the jurisdiction of the courts therein.
Licensee may not transfer or assign, directly or indirectly, by sale, sublicense or acquisition, any or all of its rights or obligations under this Agreement without the prior written consent of Wolfram.